Five years ago, Blocks Edit launched with the goal of making an email editor “flexible for a designer to build their email template without any restrictions from implementing content editing features.”
- Year 1 - After launch, we focused on developing on our core fundamentals for editing: sections, components, and variants.
- Year 2 - We then introduced our first integration, for transferring assets. With our first email provider, and single sign-on functionality being added soon after.
- Year 3 - By our third anniversary, we came out with a free forever plan that allows full implementation and usage of the editor at no cost. Along with a team plan with no limit on the number of users.
- Year 4 - Year four made some essential additions including pinning sections of content, link tracking parameters, custom code snippets, and email search on the dashboard.
- Year 5 - This past year, we’ve made our biggest upgrade to the editing workflow with our visual template editor that makes the setup process of adding editable options even simpler than before!
And we’re in the middle of another big upgrade that will come into place by the end of the year: team commenting and a full editorial review workflow.
Which puts us into year six as we look further down the road toward new content collaboration capabilities, and even more integrations with platforms and tools!
To celebrate our fifth anniversary, we're giving away a set of #emailgeeks stickers and pins (shown above) for free (including shipping)! To get yours email me with your mailing address. Supplies are limited!
Haven’t given Blocks Edit a try yet? It’s free to get started with, easier than ever to setup for your own custom template, and includes all of the above for streamlining your email’s production with your team.