Keeping a checklist for your email campaigns serves as a reminder to include and/or review important aspects of your email’s content so it meets your organization’s quality standards. It’s especially useful when working with a team, ensuring nothing gets lost in the process.
Here are some standard items you may want to have on your list:
- Alt text on images - often overlooked but important for accessibility
- Links - check for any potentially blank links (sometimes filled in using a “#” placeholder), and test links to make sure they aren’t broken
- Tracking parameters - add any necessary tracking tags for links
- Links on images - consider adding links on any images that would make sense to have them
- Preview text - make sure you include preview text along with your subject
- Mobile - review what the mobile version looks like and any potential considerations for using alternate mobile images
- Placeholder content - if working off of a template, double check to make sure all placeholder text and images are replaced
And here are some copy guidelines you may also want to include:
- Voice and tone - ex: use clear, plain language and keep light
- Make scannable - utilize titles, images, and bullets to break up content
- Review images - ex: use icons when necessary to communicate
- Titles and buttons - ex: capitalize only the first letter of the first word
- Call to action - make it specific, avoid being too vague
The more you think about your list, the more items you’ll find that you’ll want to add that you don’t always think about but want to keep top of mind when an email is worked on.
Blocks Edit includes a checklist feature for adding your important items that are then included in each new email being worked on.