Pieces of text, images, and links
To be used on individual HTML elements, making content within each editable. This is the one you'll be using the most.
- Use it as close to the copy as possible, outside of bold and italic formatting tags, and outside of a string of text that has a link within it
- Use on 'img' elements to allow for uploading a new image
- Editable elements cannot have nested elements that are also editable
- For areas with multiple paragraphs, make the container editable instead of the individual paragraphs
<div class="block-edit">Text copy for an area.</div>
Sets a character limit for content in an element. Default: unlimited.
<div class="block-edit block-maxchar-10">Text copy</div>
Disables text from being edited in an element. For example, a button that should only have its link updated.
<a href="#" class="block-edit block-no-text">More info</a>
Disables option for adding 'strong' element around content. Default: bold allowed.
<div class="block-edit block-no-bold">Text copy for an area.</div>
Disables option for adding 'em' element around content. Default: italics allowed.
<div class="block-edit block-no-italic">Text copy for an area.</div>
Disables option for adding 'a' element around content for linking. Default: linking allowed.
<div class="block-edit block-no-link">Text copy for an area.</div>
For text where a link is added, Blocks Edit automatically uses the styling of the text and underlines it. You can specify link style options to choose from by adding the 'data-style' attribute with a unique variable name on example links to include the style from.
- Each tagged link will be shown as a style option when a link is edited, as Styles numbers, along with the default style as the first one
<div class="block-edit">Text copy <a href="#" data-style="link-standard" style="color: #ff0000">with a link</a>.</div>
Enables option to replace an image. Default: replacing image not allowed.
- When an image in a template is uploaded in place of a current one, an option to crop the image is given, limited to the proportions of the original source image
- Setting a
height: autoCSS style for the image allows changing the cropping height to any size; clicking the Skip button scales the image to the template image width and adjusts the height automatically to be proportional
- The source of each individual image can by overriden with the image's URL option
- Includes option for alt text
- To disable image editing options and keep just the link option, add
<img class="block-edit" src="image.jpg" width="400" height="200" />
Enables option to replace a background image. Default: replacing background image not allowed.
- When area is clicked on, an option for uploading an image will be shown along with an option for entering a URL. If there is already a background image, the field will show the current value.
- Works for background attribute and CSS background/background-image property
- The option shows as either standalone, with the block-bgcolor option, or with region options. You'll need to ensure it's not covered by other editable areas in order for it to be clicked on in the editor.
<div class="block-background" background="image.jpg">Text copy for an area.</div>
If there is an additional background property that is outside the container that has the block-background tag, you will need to also use the data-block attribute with a variable name on both the main container and the container with outside property. Like with Outlook code for example.
<div class="block-background" data-block="feature-bg" style="background-image: url(image.jpg)">
<!--[if mso]><v:rect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" fill="true" stroke="false" style="width: 450pt; height: 300px; text-align: center"><v:fill type="frame" size="450pt,300pt" alignshape="true" src="image.jpg" data-block="feature-bg" color="#ffffff" /><v:textbox inset="0,0,0,0"><![endif]-->
Enables option to replace a background color. Default: replacing background color not allowed.
- When area is clicked on, a color palette option is shown. Clicking on it shows a field for entering a color value. If there is already a defined value, it will show that current value.
- Works for bgcolor attribute and CSS background/background-color property
- The option shows as either standalone, with the block-background option, or with region options. You'll need to ensure it's not covered by other editable areas in order for it to be clicked on in the editor.
<div class="block-bgcolor" bgcolor="#333333">Text copy for an area.</div>
You can use email service provider tokens/tags/variables throughout your template as you normally would and they will be read by your ESP when importing the final template into it to send out. This includes when editing content in emails in Blocks Edit.
<div class="block-edit">Hello *|FNAME|*,</div>
The (hidden) text that is shown under the subject line in most email clients.
<div class="block-preview" style="display: none">Short line of preview text goes here</div>
Allows a text area or image to be removed.
<h1 class="block-edit block-remove">Title</h1>