Scope and effective date
Personal information we collect
The information we collect from you depends on the type of account you set up with us, or the Services you use. We may collect the following types of information:
- Account information. If you create an account, we may collect certain information or a combination of information that could directly or indirectly be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, login credentials, an online identifier, phone number, and any other information collected from or about you (hereinafter, “Personal Information”).
- Financial information. In connection with a financial transaction via the Services, third-party payment service providers may collect your credit or debit card information, or other financial and payment information.
- Information you import, share, or upload. As part of the Services, you may also elect to import, share, or upload documents, information, or records including but not limited to financial information.
- Your communications with us. We collect Personal Information from you when you request information about our Services, request customer or technical support, including messages you submit through support conversations, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us including, without limitation, your full name, email address, phone number, or mailing address. We may also contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include Personal Information.
In addition to the information that you affirmatively provide us, we may also automatically collect Personal Information when you use our services such as:
- Automatic data collection. We, as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality on the Services, may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, media access control address (MAC address), cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifier, and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during, and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality.
- Performance related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services.
- Functionality related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences.
How we use your information
A. Provide our Services
We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts.
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services.
- Provide you with passes or promotions for use of the Services.
- Answering requests for customer or technical support.
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes.
- Processing applications for goods or services and completing requested transactions.
- Providing you the means to perform activities or transact with third party goods or services providers.
B. Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as research and development, network and information security, and fraud prevention.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services.
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing, or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability, or efficiency.
- Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services.
- Developing new products and Services.
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services.
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other policies.
- Complying with our legal obligations, protecting your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
C. Other purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- Consent. We may use Personal Information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
- Use de-identified and aggregated information. We may use Personal Information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. For example, we may also analyze general characteristics such as record types and volumes, in order to price, audit, and improve the Services.
Disclosing your personal information to third parties
In addition to our internal use of information as described above, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties for a variety of business purposes such as:
- Contractors. We may disclose information to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Law Enforcement/Governmental Agencies. We may share your Personal Information if required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement, national security requests, or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Acquiring Parties. If we sell all or substantially all of our assets, or are otherwise acquired, your Personal Information may be transferred to a third party. We may also transfer or assign Personal Information to a third party in the event of some other change of control (such as the result of a bankruptcy proceeding).
Your privacy choices and rights
We provide you with the following privacy choices regarding your Personal Information as required by applicable law and which are described below.
- Cookies and interest-based advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. If you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for those mobile device providers.
- General. You have certain choices about your Personal Information. Where you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Services and for other legal purposes as described above.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access to/port information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your Personal Information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format (the “right of data portability”).
- Request correction of your Personal Information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your Personal Information, or we may refer you to the controller of your Personal Information who is able to make the correction.
- Request deletion of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request restriction of or object to processing of your Personal Information.
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
International data transfers
The Company and its servers are located in the United States. Personal Information collected by the Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using the Services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. The Company may transfer your Personal Information to affiliated companies for the purpose of storing or processing such information on its behalf. Such information may be transferred to other countries around the world. The Company requires that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with the Policy. In particular, if you provide Personal Information, it may be transferred to and processed on computers in the U.S. and other countries. We strive to take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Information will remain protected in a manner consistent with standard applicable data protection laws.
You acknowledge that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
If we transfer Personal Information to countries outside the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure that this transfer complies with the applicable laws and regulations and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
Security of your information
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail, or by sending an email to you.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), applies solely to individuals, who are residents of the State of California. The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative, which may include asking you to answer questions regarding your account and use of our Services. The rights under the CCPA include:
To make a request related to your Personal Information rights under the CCPA, please contact us at the address in the “Contact Us” section below.
The Services are not directed to children under 18 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not permit users under age 18 or knowingly collect Personal Information from children under age 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account.
Blocks Edit, LLC